A quick update of my currently playing. A bit lacking this week as I try to finish up games to be ready for the Skyrim release.
- Duke Nukem Forever – I am having a love / hate relationship with this game…
- Orcs Must Die – Still. Playing. Must. Have … 5 SKULLS on HARD!
- Skyrim – Coming out this weekend. Expecting heavy playtime starting late this weekend.
Last Week’s Status:
- Trine – Beat. Amazing game. A definite must buy, especially when played co-op.
- Stronghold 3 – Pretty fun, but I couldn’t really get into it. Not recommended if you aren’t into simulators. If you really want to be a king and rule over your kingdom, I’d say wait until a sale. If not, steer clear.
- Tropico 4 – Although I love this game, it is more of the same. Nothing extreme to separate it from previous titles in the same series. Verdict: If you are the fan of the series, buy it. If you are not, wait for the steam sales.
I am going to start posting a currently playing every Wednesday. As I pick which games I play over the weekend normally by then.
Check back for more later!
This little indie game has taken up so much of my time… I had to force myself off of it so that I could write this quick post. I am about half way through the game and I am loving the cleverness of the game.
Most of the game revolves around solving physics based puzzles by using the three characters: a knight who can punt around objects; a wizard who can levitate and conjure objects; and a thief who can swing around on her grappling hook. Following a pretty interesting story about three artifacts (one of which is called the Trine) and a collapsed kingdom*. Which makes the game feel like you are playing through an old fantasy tale.
*Oh, and there are skeletons… lots and lots and lots of evil undead skeletons…
My favorite thing about the game so far is the levels themselves. The background and design just look amazing.
The Thief (She is my favorite) lighting some torches with fire arrows
The Warrior pounding in some skulls
The wizard moving boxes
All of Hara's Trine screenshots are viewable in original size HERE.
More to come as I finish the game.
So, lets start off with a small list of what I am currently playing this week.
- Orcs Must Die – I must say this rather simple game is very, very addictive… Hours have already been spent… I almost missed my class twice because of this game.
- Tropico 4 – Take on the role of a Caribbean dictator and build up your own island? Sounds awesome to me!
- Stronghold 3 – A castle building sim… I must really be in the sim mode this week!
- Trine – An indie physics based puzzle game. Very fun side-scrolling gameplay. It has pretty stunning level design as well.
More to come as the week progressive and I play more!